Welcome to Adaptive Shotokan.
It is my aim, to show you through the Masters own written words that being creative, adding and subtracting from your own Karate-do, is the intention of the Master. That we should not just study Shotokan, Goju-ryu, or another style, but simply Karate-do. It is important that to fully realize the Masters dream for not just Karate-do, but you as the inheritor of that Karate-do, that you must have an open mind and be ready to move forward in Karate in ways that you have not. Orthodox Shotokan was never the intention of Funakoshi, it's up to you to study the works and break the cycle. Funakoshi's Creative Mandate.
To the right you can follow the links to some pretty incredible places to study on the subject of Karate-do. These two guys are excellent writers and have an incredible sense of where to take Karate's future in my opinion. Karate-do, while we preserve the old way to the best of our abilities and hope to pass it on to future generations, Karate like all arts, will evolve with the tastes of its men and women and the changes of our cultures.I look forward to the future of Karate-do.
Each person must strive for the completion of one's character.
- Karate-do My Way of Life; Gichin Funakoshi.
- To-Te Jitsu; Gichin Funakoshi.
- Karate-do Nyumon; Gichin Funakoshi.
- Karate-do Kyohan; Gichin Funakoshi.
- The Essence of Karate; Gichin Funakoshi.
- Twenty Guiding Principals of Karate; Gichin Funakoshi.
- Shotokan's Secret Expanded Edition; Bruce D. Clayton PhD.
- Shotokan Myths ; Kousaku Yokota.